Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 3rd

December 3rd
Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la.
I will tell you our routine for our last five or six days.
One, go to Al Capone's for breakfast. Go snorkelling. Go to Koshary House for late lunch, then Al Capones again for a thick shake, come to El Salam for the fire.
The coral reef is really cool. Teh fish just swim around in and out fo little doorways in the coral. There are two special places to go and my favourite is the Islands. The Islands is a place where you swim out for five minutes then get over a big wall and POOF! Fish galore!
The reason it's called the Islands is because there are little islands that pop up out of the ground. It's the same drop off thing with the Blue Hole only it drops off so far it's just blue.
The El Salam camp was a very nice camp. I really liked the fire at night and the puppies, but my absolute, absolute absolute favourite was....SMARTIE! Smartie is a cat and he is very cute. But one time he got kind of annoying. We were eating a nice supper of salad, chicken, rice and Bedouin bread. I was working on my chicken and Smartie came and even though I had my elbow out somehow he got my chicken and ran away with it! (I didn't really like the chicken anyway.)
El Salam Camp is the way to go when you're in Dahab.

December 6th
We woke up at the Sara Inn and then we went to the Egyptian Museum. It was pretty cool. It was long, though, REALLY long. I found some cool hieroglyphics. I drew a bunch of them in my journal.
It was very interesting to find out that they used exclamation marks back then. In Syria, we were told that there was going to be no Tutankhamen stuff in the museum because it was all going to be in London! but...we...lucky! The Tutankhamen stuff was pretty cool. It's amazing what the Egyptians did for their pharaohs - gold masks, earrings, necklaces, almost anything imaginable.

Matthew

No comments: