Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Into India

December 12th
Today we went to the Coptic Christian area of Cairo. We went onthe subway and it was packed tighter than a football match. At the museum, the stuff there was kinda same old same old but the architecture on the building was very cool. After that, we went to some other church. In the church there were lots of pictures of St. George.

December 17 to 23rd Alleppey
In Alleppey, at our hotel, Jonas and I met a boy named Mathews (only you didn't pronounce the 's'). I felt right at home because his dad and grandpa were also named Matthew. I couldn't believe it. And he spoke good english. We played lots of games together like hide and seek, cricket, soccer, races and jumping contests. I made something up. There's a big circle and you try to jump the farthest in. Mathews and I tried, and Mathews' friend tried but Mathews' and mine were the farthest. It was nice there. I really liked the houseboat ride - all the scenery, beautiful, and all the palm trees. The kids we saw were all asking for pens.


The Beach
The waves on this beach [Gokarna] are huge. My favourite part of the beach is the waves. If you hit them right you can go "100" feet, says papa. It's also kinda fun to wait until the water is white and then kind of body slam it and it twists you all up. It's really fun, though. I wish there were big waves like that at Grand Beach.

Christmas Day and Boxing Day
For Christmas we got lots of the few kinds of things we got.
We got: lots of chocolate and lots of books.
My favourite is one by Roald Dahl.
And now for Boxing Day. The best part is now I can tell everybody that I went in water on Boxing Day and it was WARM (and no, I did not wear a PHD (Personal Heating Device)).

December 30th
Today we went to the town beach. The waves were pretty powerful, they could send you flying. One sent me flying, only a little bit too hard. I got flung face first into the sand. OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. Right now, I can feel it swelling up.

December 31st
Speaking of swelling up, most of the waves today didn't look very big in the distance, but when they got up close they were HUGE. Lots of them knocked the wind right out of me.
Today there was also an odd current that carried us away from where our stuff was.
For supper, we had three masala dosas, one veg noodles, two onion dosas, samosas and fries.
For the movie part, we watched KING KONG. In some parts it was kind of scary but most of the time I didn't have to cover my eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum....curry....samoosas...