Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bosphorus Cruise

October 30
Today we went for a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait, the strait that separates Europe from Asia.

We stopped at a castle for lunch. It had beautiful views of the Black Sea. Many different countries touch the Black Sea and later my grandma told me that my ancestors came from near the Black Sea in Russia. The castle also had super cute doggies.

I made a paper airplane from a pamphlet we got on the boat, so I threw it around. It was fun. When we got down I found a kitty and a stick. Put them together and voila, entertainment.

The kitty started to wrestle with the stick. It was funny. In Turkey it is very different from Canada because there are so many stray animals. While we were going back there was a beautiful sunset behind an old mosque and everybody was snapping pictures like crazy.

That was a fun day.

No comments: