Saturday, April 12, 2008

Elephant Ride

April 9th
Today we went to the Scandinavian Bakery for Breakfast. I was very excited to have an egg sandwich again. It is the Lao new year on the 12th and they have a big water festival. I made a little water squirter for self defense!

April 10th
Today we went to the Elephant XL camp. It was really fun. We rode elephants and we saw a little village too. There were two people in each bench and one bench on each elephant. My favourite part of the elephant camp was riding the elephant.

It was a bit bumpy though, once the elephant sprayed me with her trunk and it felt like a high pressure water squirter. It was fun to see all the little houses on the hillside. I also really liked feeding the elephants - their trunks just reading out to the bananas in your hand.


Elephant Facts
Elephants can live up to a hundred years and weigh a whopping 3.3 tons at the most. They eat up to 200 kilograms per day. Elephants like to eat bananas, banana trees, papaya trees and their favourite is sugarcane!
I've thought up a push-off button water squirter but I don't think it would work as good as an elephant though!


Matthew

No comments: