Saturday, April 12, 2008

south to north of Vietnam

March 18th
Beach! Today we got a bus from HCMC to Mui Ne. When we got here I went straight to the cabin, got my bathing suit on and ran as fast as I could to the water. As soon as I got in....ahhh, nice, cool and refreshing water.


March 19th
Today all I did was dig a big big big hole. It was as big as me! Sadly I didn't have a shovel, or it might have been bigger.

March 24th
Today we woke up very early so we could get to My Son (a group of temples near Hoi An) before the tour groups came. My Son is kind of like the Angkor temples only much smaller.
At My Son there were lots of little rivers, streams, creeks and riverbeds. It was very cool there. I think it's kind of what Angkor Wat would have been like before they cleaned it all out.
When we were done, we saw the Irish again! That's the sixth time we've seen them! 1 - bus from Phnom Penh to HCMC. 2 and 3 - Mui Ne. 4, 5 and 6 - in Hoi An. On the drive back to Hoi An I thought up a little contraption I think is very cool. (Drawing in journal)

March 27th
Today we got to Hanoi on an overnight bus. The bus wasn't too bad although it had pretty rough shocks. On the bus we met someone from Edmonton. He said the Oilers weren't doing very well.
I thought up another contraption. First, get a good sized stick. Then carve a spiral into it. Then glue a stick to a lego wheel and let it roll down the spiral. I would really like to make something like this when we get home. Something else I would like to do when we get home is learn how to solder. I saw something in Bangkok that was really cool and I can do it by soldering!

Matthew

No comments: